Living in UDRC
FireFree – protect your own: Wildfire is a fact of life in Central Oregon. Preparing your home for the threat of wildfire is your responsibility. The Firefree brochures is a tool in protecting your home from being destroyed or damaged by wildfire – www.FireFree.org
Defensible Space: a 30-100 foot fire-resistant zone surrounding your home. This is the area around your home where potential fuels have been reduced to slow the spread of wildfire to your home, significantly decreasing the likelihood that it will ignite.
- Fuels – flammable materials and vegetation
- Ladder Fuels – fuels which create a direct path for fire to reach your home or spread into trees.
- Fire-resistant plants – plants that do not readily ignite from a flame or other ignition source.
UDRC Fuels Reduction Program
- 2011 Community Statistical Summary
- This report shows the amount of work done in each community to reduce the threat of wildfires